Subject: [Leica] Improving the Angénieux Visumax slide viewer
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:42:48 -0500

Anyone out there using this neat little battery-operated device with the
magnifying mirror for viewing 35mm slides? (Anyone still viewing their old
slides?) I'm in the process of scanning my 10K or so slides, and I'm using
my probably close to 40-year-old Visumax to inspect some marginal slides
before deciding whether to scan them.

The viewer, using a flashlight bulb, produces rather dim and warm
illumination. I've found a simple way to improve both problems. If anyone
else uses one and is interested, I'll share the procedure.

?howard