Subject: [Leica] IMG: TMZ 3200 NOW 6400 AND HIGHER?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:51:46 -0500

Yes!  This was a film that you did not dare put through airport x-ray
machines.  One of the main reasons for carrying it - back in the day - was
to tell the airport screener that this film could not possibly go through
the x-ray machine because it was such high speed and would be ruined.  The
film would have to be passed around the machine and hand-inspected.  I
always carried a few high-speed rolls in with my regular ones for this
reason.  As soon as you showed the inspectors that you had high-speed
professional film, they would allow you to pass all of your film around the
machines to be hand-inspected.  Except in Heathrow Airport.  They would
never allow any film to be passed around for any reason.  It all went
through the x-ray machine and high speed films were ruined.

Thank God for digital cards!  It is so much easier to travel now.

Tina