Subject: [Leica] Photo Gear Insurance
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:43:00 -0500

Ernie,

I am sure the insurance issue will be different from State to State as well
as in different countries.
Here in Minnesota, USA, my insurance agent had me "Schedule" the
photographic gear.   There
were no issues of Pro VS amateur.  I listed each item by type, manufacture,
cost new, description and
an estimated replacement cost as well as a serial number, if it had one.
That "Schedule" became a
part of the policy.  Each company has different costs for scheduling items.
It is often used for
valuable jewelry.  In my case it is around $70 per $1000.   It ends up
costing me some out of pocket dollars;
however, there are no deductibles.  There are no guessing games, you can
lose an item, have it stolen,
fall off a table and be totaled out and broken, whatever.  .  . the
scheduled items are paid for and/or
replaced.   Scheduling high value items works well.  Check with your
insurance company representative.
It does not need to be a separate policy.

Hope that helps.

Fred Holzapfel

___--