Subject: [Leica] My last aftermarket battery just died
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:23:49 -0400

Fro my Leica digital I used a Leica battery.
Fro my Nikon D whatever I used Nikon batteries.
I can tell you when the time ever comes for me to buy a seven thousand
dollar camera the last thing I'm going to do is go shopping for cheap third
party batteries. I'll blow a few more hundred and get a couple more
batteries with a red dot on it.
This thread has come on this list several times and every seeing time the
only person who seemed to hold this opinion was me.
Now I am feeling vindicated up the yin yang for the tables to have been
turned.
The only way I've not won out is the fact that using the cheap batteries do
not seemed to have ruined any cameras. I'd have thought there was a good
chance that might happen.

I read a book on batteries in photography once it was by the Aaton company
head engineer or guy own owned the company or both..
A French company who made motion picture cameras and batteries.
Gave me a healthy respect for them. But since then the landscape has
changed. Its strewn with dead cheap batteries for one. ...Seeping toxic
waste into the top soil or water underneath.

I like expensive batteries. Silver ones. Light. Lith?
I say "give me the most expensive battery you got" then charge me double!

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My last aftermarket battery just died)