Subject: [Leica] Lessons Learned
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:34:20 -0400

PESO:

Well, we are back from our whilrwind trip to Gibraltar, Morocco, and Spain
and I'm downloading the photos now.  The biggest lesson I learned this trip
was to never again travel without a computer!  I thought for such a short
trip, I would just take lots of SD cards and my Kindle to check e-mail.
 Big mistake!  I had bought 4 32GB Transcend cards and they did NOT work.
 They would work fine for awhile and then get hung up on data transfer for
hours.  I would have to take the battery and card out to get them to work
again and then half the time it would tell me I had no photos on the card
when I actually had several hundred.  I quit using those and only had my
old, smaller cards to use.  The 32GB cards are going back to Amazon.  I
have no idea what I lost but I think the wedding photos are safe on 4GB
cards.  I missed having the opportunity to download photos and review them
at night before taking more the next day.  My little Acer netbook would not
have been much larger than the Kindle and I could have used it for
downloading photos, too.  I also missed the security of making two copies
to keep in different locations which I usually do on trips.

The M9 and MM worked fine even in torrential downpours.  I used the 35/1.4,
24/2.8, and 90/2.0 far more than any of the other lenses I took.  I think I
could have done fine with just those three.

I also have to catch up on all of the e-mails which were too hard to read
and answer using the Kindle!  I did like it for reading and guidebooks,
though.

Photos will follow someday!

Tina

--