Subject: [Leica] had a lens fall off myLeica M4-P
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:38:29 -0500

If you look here, (I found this on flickr)  You'll see there is no ring
around the button, like later M's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fondazza1943/favorites/with/6272227599/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fondazza1943/favorites/with/3728024024/lightbox/

and compared to the security of the M4  :

http://www.cameraquest.com/LeicaM4G.htm

You can see how it might be a weakness in the design.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/