Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:00:23 -0400

As we're in a new digital age now we are confronted in metadata from what
minute the photo was taken and which lens and f stop. The GPS maybe. Cant
want for  that.
Me I find that more then very nice and have no embarrassment about it.
As would most people I should think who had an above average interest in
their photography.
I wish when looking at old contacts, prints and negs I knew the when and the
how. So I just make numbers up.
"Oh I shot that with my 9o asph Summicron at 125th of a second in 1998 on a
Tuesday!"
I could be lucky and be guessing right be really I'd really would not mind
really knowing at all.
I sure as hell did not walk around with a notebook writing things down.

I've never had a situation where knowing things was a problem.
It was usually NOT knowing things which was not so good.