Subject: [Leica] White Fence and Vacant Lot
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 09:56:40 +0100

Chris

I don't think you can do anything. If you remove them you have the ones the
other side of the house to deal with, and I don't think realistically you
could tone them down. I think you are just stuck with them.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932
www.gwpics.com

On 2 Apr 2013, at 09:23, Chris Crawford <chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Gerry. I'm not sure how to darken them without affecting the
> surrounding sky. I admit, when I first saw the scan preview in Vuescan, I
> thought that either the film was scratched or the scanner was messed up.
>
> I had just disassembled my Nikon scanner and cleaned its mirror and lens,
> as I do periodically. It had a fine layer of dust on the mirror, which
> accumulates over months of use.
>
> When I saw that scan I was afraid I'd scratched it or something! I was
> relieved to see the lines on the film on all the frames I shot of the
> house and realized they were wires behind the house!
>
> --
> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography
> Fort Wayne, Indiana
> 260-437-8990

> http://blog.chriscrawfordphoto.com  My latest work!

> Become a fan on Facebook
>

> On 4/2/13 4:14 AM, "Gerry Walden" <gerry.walden at me.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris
>>
>> Nice shot, and good to see your work as usual. I feel maybe that the
>> upper power lines on the left should be darkened down a little as they
>> could be mistaken as film scratches if you are not careful.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Gerry
>>
>> Gerry Walden
>> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
>> +44 (0)797 287 7932
>> www.gwpics.com
>>
>> On 2 Apr 2013, at 09:11, Chris Crawford <chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1616
>>>
>>> This house and vacant lot are across the street from the high school I
>>> teach
>>> at. I shot it last Thursday with my Mamiya 6 while my students were at