Subject: [Leica] IMG: 19th Century Lens Captures 21st Century Bird
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:37:05 -0500

Hi Richard,

>From my calculations, it appears more suitable for a 5x7 format.  I have a
sentimental attachment to it, so I don't think I would want to part with it.
My wife's family survived the depression of the 1930s by selling direct
positive photos at fairs and festivals, and built most of their own
equipment.  This was one of the lenses that they accumulated to serve that
purpose.  The FL was probably too large for their framing, so it was still
around in the 1950s when I took an interest in photography, and latched on
to it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA