Subject: [Leica] Leica v Fuji - interesting short blog - COMMENT
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:17:59 -0400

It's Century Gothic a variant of avant garde typeface or font. Although
maybe is Futura but I think the former. They are all closely related sans
serif typefaces.
Its called I think playing with software instead of making images.
Photographers are illustrators not graphic designers.
Its hard to do both.

The key thing here for me is to paraphrase "raw files right from the
camera".
Which is like saying "red hot snow".
A little tweaking and these so called results could be reversed to indicate
the opposite is happening in these tiny meaningless image examples

I think for a photographer, a real photographer to be cranking out internet
gear reviews is a decided mixed bag. Maybe you're a good photographer; but
most of these photographer reviewers end up looking like photographers who's
work as gone by the wayside and they are now  playing with cameras instead
of concentrating on their work. ... Their "vision"... :)

Also you get end up reading badly crafted or thought out reviews.

However I do agree with the punch line:
" is Fuji the new Leica?
In my opinion, NO - Leica will always be Leica. These are 2 different camera
systems and brands... Owning a Leica is much more than owning a camera or a
tool to take pictures with. You'll get a hand crafted camera with soul. It
is a lifestyle and everyone who ever owned a Leica knows what I try to say.
"
Is a Bic a poor mans bargain basement Montblanc?
No they are both pens. Other than that they have nothing in common.
Is a Chevy a poor mans BMW?
Ditto.
Fuji: Leica?
Ditto.
Just because a camera is not a DSLR does not mean it has much anything at
all to do with Leica.

And I'm sorry to bring it up but we are comparing two different formats
here. So its apples and oranges. Leicas and Rolleiflex.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica vs. Fuji - interesting short blog - COMMENT)