Subject: [Leica] IMG: Studio fashion
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:34:12 -0700

Nice models, but you really need a pro camera to capture them correctly;
try an S2... ;-)
I think your portrait photography could benefit from watching these two
videos. The first is about classic lighting (hey, gotta learn the rules
before you break them);
http://www.sekonic.com/classroom/webinars/classical-posing-and-portrait-lighting.aspx?utm_source=Lyris&utm_medium=eBlast&utm_campaign=Sekonic%2BWebinar%2BInvite%2B3%2F21%2F13

The other is a bit broader in application:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nNxaBA6ss>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nNxaBA6ss

Though you have exposure down and shadow highlight areas, I think you need
to make the light tell your story. More shadows to highlight the subject
you want me to concentrate on. The shadows should not only direct but
provide pleasing form to emphasize the viewers experience to what you want
it to be. In essence I think your images are too flat. For example you name
one Eyes. But the light doesn't direct me there. The lighting is pretty
much the same in all. Needs more shadows to tell your story. Otherwise it's
just nice exposure of pretty people with basic lighting skills. I want more
drama!!

All with good intentions,
Bobb