Subject: [Leica] IMG: Santa Faz 2013
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:32:28 +0200

The Santa Faz monastery is eight kilometres from the centre of Alicante.
Inside, there is a relic brought from the Vatican in the 15th century which,
according to popular tradition, is the veil with which Veronica wiped the
blood from Jesus? face on the way to the Calvary. Every year, thousands of
people head there on a pilgrimage from Alicante on the second Thursday after
Easter Sunday, and it is one the city?s most tradicional local fiestas. The
event is basically religious, but for most of the participants it is more
about local tradition and just having fun. The event is in the morning (the
procession starts at 8 a.m. from the cathedral), and since I have the day
off (all shops and offices are closed today), I was able to process the
images and put up a selection immediately upon returning home:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Santa-Faz-2013

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain