Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Leica spotting - James
From: leicaphong at gmail.com (Phong)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:20:04 -0400

A couple of weekends ago, I went food shopping at the Marche Publique 440,
a food mall in the northern suburb of Montreal that provides good quality
local food products.  As I walked by a fast food stall, sporting my Leica
M8 around the neck, the Chinese gentleman behind the counter called out:
 "I like your Leica".  Turns out he is a Leica afficionado.  He whipped out
a Leica IIIc (IIRC) from a grey velvet bag, and proudly showed it to me;
 it was nice, the chrome still all shiny with a 50mm Summitar lens on the
front.  We chatted a bit, and he showed me a 3-hole binder with pages and
pages of notes on Leica rangefinder cameras and lenses.  Here's Leica James:

http://www.pbase.com/phong/image/149661709

You can see his Leica binder and his Leica bag on the table behind him.
I very occasionally run into fellow Leica users, but never expect one
behind a fast food counter.  It was obvious that he cherishes his Leica
camera.

Best,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [IMG] Leica spotting - James)