Subject: [Leica] New Photo
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:50:47 +1000

That was thoughtfully said David. I think that many of us like to learn
from discussions on the shared photos. We are a wide spread world community
with different life experiences and social/cultural backgrounds. We do all
share that interest in how and why we practise our craft.
Leo's photo is a record of an event.

As photographers, do we make commentaries or just capture the moments?

Is it our responsibility to filter the contents?

Personally I think the photographer ought to use his abilities the best way
he can, provided  he doesn't incite nor promote scenes which are not a true
reflection of the situations he faces.

And no self-censorship. Only present his works to his audience as suitably
intended.

Best,

David Ching