Subject: [Leica] Manhattan and Beyond
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:19:47 -0400

Re: "you evoke questions is it a story you share? Ric"

Cryptic Ric..Philippe's images are the story. Son-of-Lluis is a story of
sorts. "My Manhattan" (as in "My Berlin," "My  London," or "My Paris") is an
unintended story. Ok, my Manhattan bachelor days are captured by the lyrics
of Rogers and Hart's 1929 song "Manhattan." The lyrics fail to mention how I
spent lots of time hanging out in the photo district buying and trading 16
mm movie Leica equipment from the likes of Ken Hansen, 47th Street Photo,
Oldens, Willoughys, and B&H Photo, to name a few. Those were the days when
Manhattan was the center of the photographic-universe; from which one
travelled to capture "light" and "moments" around the world.but always
returning to Manhattan's photography-central. It was then I began attending
the annual Cape Cod Leica Seminars sponsored by E. Leitz, Co. and initially
conducted by Walter Heun followed by Ted Grant. I'm a proud graduate of the
Grant-Heun School of Photography. Your Leica M5, 50 mm 1.2 Noctilux & Fuji X
Pro1 Guy, Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

Manhattan

Summer journeys

To Niag'ra

And to other places