Subject: [Leica] Winograd exhibit
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 21:35:58 -0600

Richard Man wrote:
> Winograd is not my favorite street artist, mainly because it's the same
> type of photos he shot. For example, the periods he covered included the
> civil rights movement and of all the hundreds of photos in the show, there
> are may be 3-4 photos where African American are present, and as far as we
> can tell, exactly one photo where there is an Asian present - and only
> because she was pretty and had goofy hair.

Interesting thoughts Richard.  We just had a lecture in the local museum
about race, representation and photography.  There's also an interesting
new book in which an AA female photographer shoots her white friends and
muses on whether and how race may figure into reading the photo.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/some-of-her-best-friends-are-white/

If the link doesn't work look up Myra Greene.  The book is "My White
Friends."  I've ordered it.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE