Subject: [Leica] Tigress T39
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 22:00:05 +0530

Some photographs of a tigress called T39 or Noor. She has a very
frisky 14 month old male cub called Sultan, but we could not figure
out where he was hiding, despite fairly extensive searching. We also
tried tracking him down on a few other drives into this area but came
up short - his pug marks were all over the place, but no cub. Anyway,
here are just a few studies of T39, the mother. We were the first
vehicle to find her, so we had the prime position about 10-15 feet
away initially, and had also turned the vehicle to face the direction
in which she was likely to move, so we were again pretty well
positioned when she did move, by which time there were a dozen
vehicles, at least, around. A total feather in the cap for the guide,
Ashlesh and the driver, Mohan, and it just underlines the importance
of having people who understand animal behaviour inside out with you
on safari:

Close Up:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2013/Ranthambhore_20130417_0264.jpg.html

Movement:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2013/Ranthambhore_20130417_0540.jpg.html

Coming Out Of The Grass:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2013/Ranthambhore_20130417_0540.jpg.html

Peer Upwards:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2013/Ranthambhore_20130417_0572.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Tigress T39)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Tigress T39)