From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 15:06:14 +1000
References: <CAH1UNJ2T02hD9coBZ_TyNsX3d9Cfu75P0c3d6ytkEh1UR95sMA@mail.gmail.com> <00FAFAC6-1C08-49A2-87F9-E9E95D4E9D29@frozenlight.eu> <CAE3QcF6y4-YaF_2sxQPayft5x5NWwpXmf3VSxd6b3waq993Q4w@mail.gmail.com> <17F90B39-414F-4F23-88EA-D45EE187863A@gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6xWX5PnOXTwQBGFECDGGW++qSuhdn7uDcH_sN7uTtD3A@mail.gmail.com> <CA+3n+_kCog96OBjB6hjZA5BdJ4pSBXx1DPbURpw19wwWt067=Q@mail.gmail.com> <01ef01ce4cc2$09698600$1c3c9200$@verizon.net>

Frank there is a Q&A on DPReview with the VP of Creative solutions that you
may find helpful.

(on retaining your existing access to your own property (the files you
created) )
....and for existing perpetual users, Photoshop CS can co-exist alongside
and independently from Photoshop CC

So whatever your existing licence arrangement it can continue exactly as
before, whether or not you choose the start/stop a subscription to the new
versions.

(on cancelling your subscription)
*......We do not delete any files or software from your computer. You will
not be able to use the software but the files you've created and saved on
your hard drive are left intact.*

Of course if you are shooting a Raw format you have always been able to
preserve the native format or alternatively convert to DNG, You can export
as whatever other format you choose too.
Personally I am more concerned at maintaining back up copies of my many
many digital photos as we all are.

Periodically companies do stop supporting different hardware and operating
systems as you mention. For example the Nikon software for my expensive
Nikon scanner will not work at all in current Windows versions (unless you
use an unsupported hack).
At least in this instance you can maintain your existing situation
(assuming you have a current perpetual licence) whether or not you elect to
take up a new subscription model.

I guess that opinions are polarised on Adobe's new model and no-one's
opinion is likely to change. Each of us will work out what suits us and
rightly so. I'm only in this discussion with facts since there seems to be
a lot of mis-information mis-conceptions across the web on what is actually
the case.

FWIW personally, the full $49.95 p/m for the complete suite does not make
sense for my situation as a photographer. A Photoshop CC subscription and
perpetual licence for Lightroom combination for less money may well do.
I think that Lightroom will continue to grow in capabilities and perhaps
supplant PS all together for almost everything I want to do.

We do not delete any files or software from your computer. You will not be
able to use the software but the files you've created and saved on your
hard drive are left intact. And you don't need a valid license or Internet
connection tohe software
cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman