Subject: [Leica] Shooting styles in Burma
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 13:37:31 -0700

Hi Luggers,
Burma proved to be fertile ground for photos and there are many photo tours
coming to the country.
I noticed a great difference in shooting styles among photographers.

There were the Canon Brigades with tripods and long zoom lenses like this
group at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Burma2013/CanonBrigadew.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/c7mgujl

I didn't care for their sneaky shooting style when the Burmese I met enjoyed
having their pictures taken and were prepared to interact with you.

My style was quite different - I liked to talk to the subjects or at least
hand signal and smile with them. This is me in action taken by son-in-law
Ian:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Burma2013/Hcinteractw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/cjtuff7

in order to get pictures like this one of Mom and Babe - X Pro 1 and 60mm
f2.4

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Burma2013/MomBabew.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/cmdjknz

Of course, sometimes, lovers like these under their umbrella don't want you
to see them nor interact with you:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Burma2013/UmbrellaLoversw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/clojr2m

Please look large. C& C always welcome.