Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:27:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

On May 17, 2013, at 3:31 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I've been shooting with a full frame DSLR for two and a half years now.
> When
> I look at my metadata I see that my auto iso has me at iso 64,000 for half
> of any take I ever do.

I think it's silly to classify any camera as suitable or not suitable for
professional work based on isolated performance specifications.  For me the
relevant metric is "can I sell the picture?" and based on some recent sales
the typical DSLR user is spending way too much money on photo hardwear.

Full-frame, half-frame, APS-C, m4/3, whatever... it hardly matters.  The
better quality image will appeal to a broader range of markets (and is more
likely to put a smile on my face), but grainy/noisy extreme crops made with
an old 10MP crop-sensor camera and a 1970-spec lens sell too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)