Subject: [Leica] Mark's 5.6 and be there - MARK II
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 23:01:14 +0200 (CEST)

So you're back at it :-(

nocti 0.95 stopped down two = ?
telyt 560 f5.6 stopped down two = ?

Both serious lenses, primes and on topic.

Ph

Message du : 19/05/2013 22:44
De : "Mark Rabiner " <mark at rabinergroup.com>
A : "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Copie ? :
Sujet : Re: [Leica] Mark's 5.6 and be there

 If you've looked at those lens test charts they used to always had in Pop
and Modern photography monthly for decades we all did a lens always get a
bit better contrast and resolution stopped down two or three. Its just the
nature of optics.
Now we hear that with some of our four grand $ Leica glass "there is no
reason to stop down it all" I kind of think its horse crap.
A lens going to improve stopped down a bit. The fact that it says Leica on
it and cost four grand has no way of changing that.
You wanna use the meat of the lens. There is fatty residue in the outside
parameter best cut off by the butcher.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography