Subject: [Leica] Mark's 5.6 and be there
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 07:47:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Aram Langhans wrote:

Yet, my eyes have reached a point that for anything not very
static, I cannot focus manually with any kind of a success rate in the
viewfinders designed for these new cameras.  Even if I glance at the focus
conformation light if there is time, the hit rate wide open is fairly poor.
There is too much slop in that light for manual focus wide open.  So I tend
to use the Leica glass for stationary things only.  Darn 62 year old
eyes.....
<<<

Darn modern viewfinders.  My 61-year-old eyes can still focus an active
subject with the R8 viewfinder.  It's also much easier to focus R APO lenses
than comparable non-APO lenses.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com