Subject: [Leica] PESO: RG Lewis and Leica M frustrations
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:18:42 +0100

I walked from my hotel to the Holborn Tube station this morning, and on the
way, as is my habit, I stopped by RG Lewis on Southampton Row, one of
London's best-known Leica dealers. I have been coming in his shop for at
least 10 years, and usually we have a chat. This time he was telling about
his woes with the new M 240. He has one in the shop, a demo. Since they were
introduced, he has received and sold 7, all of which have been recalled for
the lug issue. He was utterly frustrated about the fact that there simply no
new Leica product to sell--the M is vaporware, the ME also, the M9 is
discontinued, so for anyone wanting to buy a new Leica M the options are
very limited. He told me of another dealer, in Mayfair, that is having cash
flow problems--not having product to sell and paying Mayfair rents is a
deadly combination.

And to top it off, Leica is being extremely arrogant towards its dealers,
basically telling them to just be happy they are Leica dealers and to shut
up.

Conclusion: brilliant products, lousy customer relations and even worse
communications skills.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/390823669_759797.jpg.html>

Cheers,
Nathan