Subject: [Leica] First couple of days with the M
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 03:59:43 +0000

It feels slightly larger and heavier than M9 when first picked up, but soon
get used to that.

The thumb grip is much better than nothing but not as good as the Thumbie I
have on my other cameras, more of an issue with heavier lenses.

You cannot (with current firmware) get a histogram overlay on the
auto-preview screen :-( You have to press info button to see it.

Shutter release is much better, as is re-cocking sound.

Feels far more responsive.

Auto colour balance in artificial light is not too good, but there are
manual options (inc cool or warm fluoro)

Here is a 100% (actual pixel size) crop of 3200asa, taken in artificial light
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Misc/m_at_3200_pixel_size.jpg.html

More in due course......

john

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] First couple of days with the M)