Subject: [Leica] A Leica's Mojo Article
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 10:42:55 +0530

Well, he starts and ends his column talking about money...

By the way, here is the meaning of mojo from an online dictionary:

mo?jo  (mj)
n. pl. mo?jos or mo?joes
1. A magic charm or spell.
2. An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic
items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
3. Personal magnetism; charm.

I can add one more colloquial meaning, sexual charm.

What any of these have to do with having the right tool for the right
job beats me. If he had said I need this to get the job done, who can
argue with that? I stand by my interpretation of his words. I think
people tend to read such columns with an intention to confirm their
existing ideas, and not read what is actually written or meant. I
actually understand what he saying only too well - I keep falling prey
to the feeling in other purchases, just not photographic equipment!
But then I accept that and crucially, I understand why I am doing it.

I really recommend, once again, Daniel Kahneman's book "Thinking Fast
and Slow" - it really helps us understand what makes us tick
(mentally), and that knowledge is very powerful to know for decision
making of any magnitude.

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad