Subject: [Leica] REASONS why Leica is so slow with M
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 02:42:27 -0400

We could take bets.
We need to learn to see not what's OUTSIDE the box
We need to learn to see not what's INSIDE the box
Me I'm putting it in writing right here that I think its a full frame
compact Leica.
The Leica  X series has been put in a shadow by the Sony full frame compact
NEX RX1. This is not a position Leica is going to let itself be in very
long.
They are going to keep the X series a 1.5 crop and come up with a new series
for the full frame.
Perhaps the Y series!
Then we have Leica X Y chromosomes and coordinates both!

To me this is history which just had not gotten around to happening yet. And
will happy July whatever.
If we were sitting around a table with our cameras stacked in the middle
with a pitcher of beer and a pizza it would be less of a deal as its just
blowing off words. But this is words in writing on the LUG.
And in the release date I'm looking forward to doing an "I told you so"
thing. In the least annoying way possible of course.
And starting to save up for one.

As far as price point goes the X2 goes for 2 grand
The NEX RX1 goes fro three grand.
I think the Leica full frame compact Y Chromosome might go for $3,400.9 USD.
It would not be seemly for them to undercut Sony.
If its interchanble glass it could go for 4 grand.
In other words; a lot more than the bulk of us are going to spend with our
toy cameras are just great mentality.