Subject: [Leica] IMG: Happy Birthday!
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:35:00 -0700

I always wonder about why some people are so negative about having their
pictures taken. One of the full-time staff at the Computer History Museum
was so vocal about it when I took his picture that I develop  a theory:
people's idea of what they look like is often based on what they see most
often--their reflection in a mirror. But a photo shows them as other people
see them, and maybe that surprises them and puts them off. So, I tried an
experiment with this guy. I made two 4x6 prints of the shot of him, one with
a mirror-image reversal and left both on his desk with a note asking which
he preferred. Alas, he didn't like either of them.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204