Subject: [Leica] FF Flowers around Columbus circle
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 09:26:08 -0400

130521_230121
5/21/13, 11:01:21 PM
Flowers around Columbus circle.
NIKON D700 45.0 mm f/2.8P, 1/50 s at f/5.6 @ iso 6400

A non blended merge between a landscape of the flowers at the bottom and a
portrait of Columbus on top and on top of his very tall pole in the middle
of Columbus Circle.. Too high up to smell the flowers but there's a nice
breeze up there.
The building on the right during the two exposures a second apart changed
colors.
This may have confused the hell out of the algorthiims the Photoshop people
made for doing this thing. So I had to go in there and do it manually. I
turned off the "lasers" and went on total manual controll. But kept my eyes
open.
The fact that they don't really line up and appear butted up crudely against
each other is a thing I'm kind of fond of and do often; a hold over from too
much art school.... Without having to go manual.

The building which changed color from red to blue was I think designed by a
Portland Oregon architect firm.
I belive this is the first still photograph of it both red AND blue! :)

What I don't know is what planet the flowers are from...

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] FF Flowers around Columbus circle with URL)