Subject: [Leica] The Fuji 55 - 200 f3.5 - 4.8 zoom
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:32:15 -0700

Morning Luggers,
Leo's camera called yesterday and told me that the Fuji 55 - 200 zoom that I
had ordered had come in.
I went down and picked it up. The construction is like the 18 - 55 zoom and
although about twice the size it is also light for the size of its focal
length(s).
It has an aperture ring without markings - you turn it and watch the f stops
in the LCD or viewfinder. The zooming action is smooth and there is no zoom
creep.
Autofocus speed is average to slow and follow focus needs a lot of work. But
there is little hunting.
The focusing speed of the next version of Fuji camera bodies will hopefully
be faster as the X100S has improved over the X100.
Of course, I am comparing to the Nikon 70 - 200 VR II on the D800E which is
state of art -
remember my eagle pictures. Image quality is very good - like the panasonic
100 - 300 which I used in Africa two years ago. Here are a couple of
pictures:

A cruise ship on the way to Alaska

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2013/DSCF6606csW.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/ldkvutg

Son Russell is visiting from Tokyo to celebrate my 70th birthday.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2013/RussCU200mmBWw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/kkwqexg

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard