Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 05:16:14 -0400

Had the technogy timeline been reversed and we were masters of the digital
process who THEN had to learn this just out new silver gelatin technology
(film) and we showed up to a meeting with our photo enthusiast and pro
friends who'd all printed their prints in their new darkrooms or had their
prints custom printed and this writer guy showed up with 4x6 machine printed
snapshots from Walgreens it would have been the same thing. Completely
inexcusable. Puerile. Apples and oranges.

To say something to the effect that "the jpegs were so good we didn't need
to shoot raw" indicates a total non understanding of the technology,
ramifications, workflow on top of a seeming lack of care about the craft.
Such people if they can't learn new tricks should not be writing in photo
magazines about digital technology. Or stick to writing about the film
processes they know and care about.
- though its not a photo magazine I see its an online thing.