Subject: [Leica] Adapter for R lenses for S Camera
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:46:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim Christie wrote:

I am very frustrated. I own a lot of wonderful R lenses and wonder why an
adapter can't be developed to use them on the S Leica.
<<<

The simple answer is the flange-to-sensor distance of the S system is longer
than in the R system.

However, an adapter has been made and is available that will allow longer R
lenses to be used on the S bodies while sacrificing infinity focus - and
some can be adjusted by Leica to recover infinity focus.  The focussing
units of the modular APO-Telyt-R system can also be modified to fit the S
bodies.  It seems the larger image circle requirements of the S isn't a
problem for most R lenses.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com