Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 00:42:22 -0400

The AP photographers also do this I watched them all bring their laptops
into the Sturbucks twice.
And a reason just like a wedding photographer the flash never comes off.
Its to make things "easier for the printer". In other words make for results
which are totally consistent in color temperature, contrast, density ...and
I forgot.

I watched about twenty AP like photographers shooting on the red carpet
outside the Mandarin hotel, 2007  Ashley Olsen went by but mainly people
with more money than fame... It was a fund raiser.  and they certainly could
have gotten those shots with the higher iso' s we have now and no flash. I
did.
But as they were shooting jpegs with the flash positioned directly over the
lens axis it was not about reality. It was about getting instant flat
results which could be fired off to the photo editor as is.
 --within the half hour after the shoot they'd gone over every shot they
took and fired off the ones the photo editors needed to look at over some
wireless I don't know what. Maybe a phone line.
There was obviously no time for Raw crunching.