Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:37:13 -0500

On Jun 6, 2013, at 9:38 AM, R. Clayton McKee wrote:

> If you're in a situation that allows really fine lighting control, I can
> see that being entirely possible.  I find it hard to fathom that .jpg
> algorithms can be significantly more demanding than K25 or Velvia, for
> example.
>
> But I wind up tweaking most of my files simply because for me lighting
> control is rare-to-nonexistent and the algorithms I see in software seem
> to be optimized for a certain type of screen viewing... and that's not
> what I need.

yup.
we must each choose the techniques which will best serve our purposes.

I have a couple clients who come to me to get MORE out of their "using their
own cameras."
In other words they pay me to do the post processing of their photographs.

I've finally convinced one of them to shoot RAW.
While another still asks for miracles from 2 meg .jpg files

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com