Subject: [Leica] Ilford print lab
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:23:25 -0400

50 MLux-hrs of exposure = how many units of real space time?
\... As in looking at your clock, seeing the hand move and waking up to your
alarm next day, next week, next month, Thursday its rain Friday its smog and
going "oh my my print on the wall looks lighter and there's a stain in the
corner?"!!

I think they time machines they make nowadays are terrific! Do they look
just like microwaves with a bank of florescent lights in them?!?!?

I'm surprised more people don't have problems with these tests. I seem to be
the only one who does. However I did a test and there is a guy who is born
in the year 2036 who also has a big problem with them as well. We both
become the best of friends.

A huge fan of carbon printing though and my instincts and intuitions tell me
they they should last a good long time to make a normal selling price as a
silver print valid. But I just know that neither I or anyone else have no
way of really knowing that for sure. ... And may easily have no idea.

The hard reality is when we invest in a silver print we have a fairly
reasonable idea of what that kind of investment it is on the archival
aspect. As we can look back on the silver prints made in successive decades
and see how well they are holding up.  But when we invest in a print done
with technology invented the day before yesterday we really have no idea.
Shining a light on them and calling it 62.3 years I find deeply comical.
I'm pretty sure though I'll be dead in 40 years and after that wont care.