Subject: [Leica] Image Editing System
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:51:25 -0700

You are expecting too much... Dell makes standard computers, and is not a
comparison shop... the people you reach by phone are generally not
technical, and are probably not qualified to make this type of technical
analysis for you.

You need to find a local guy that will build it to your needs.....

In general, you are not looking for much specifically, except for the
motherboard + top speed processor....

Forget the stuff about the brand of Ram, optical drive maker, and from the
power supply down.... just tell them to make substitutions as needed, but to
beef it up for reliability....

Go looking for someone that will build you a gaming computer.... that is
where you will get the best chance of finding someone to do this for
you.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Dell has not answered in spite of repeated chats and requests for quotes.
 Lenovo does not have the parts I want.  Any suggestions on where to get a
computer built?  I really can't do this myself.  Here are the components
suggested by the Australian site:

Intel i7-3930K Core i7 CPU, Six Core 3.20 GHz

Motherboard:  ASUS X79/8 X DDR 3/4 X PCI-E3.0 X 16/4 X SATA 3/8 X USB 3.0/2
X GBLAN/RAID/WIFI/ATXX P9X79-DELUXE

RAM Size:  32 GB Corsair (4x8GB) 1600 MHz DDR3  (Expandable to 64GB)

Optical Drive: Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Combo Drive

Windows SSD Size:  250GB Samsung SSD

Scratch SSD Size:  128GB Samsung SSD

Working Projects SSD Size: 250GB Samsung SSD

Storage Drive Size:  3TB Seagate Barracuda - ST3000DM0001

Video Card:  ATI PCIe FirePro V4800 1024MB - support for two monitors

Power Supply: 850W Seasonic S12D Power Supply PSUSEAG12-D850W

Cooler:  Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance CPU Cooler

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 6 Case W/500W PSU

System Software: Microsoft Windows 8 Profession - 64 bit

I've searched all over the internet and the sites that offer to build
computers base their designs on how cheap they can make them and not how
efficient.  I want an extreme system to work with photo imaging that will
not have to be replaced in two or three years.  I figure I will save enough
in time to more than pay for the system.  I want a warranty, too.

Any suggestions will be gratefully investigated.

TIA

Tina

--
Tina Manley