Subject: [Leica] Image Editing System
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:18:13 -0400

Listening to Geoff and Mehrdad both of different viewpoints but both
obviously knowing what they are talking about reminds me of what did cross
my mind yesterday when I read Tina saying "I just want my processor to be
faster" ... To the effect;
And that's its not always obvious to us non computer people what is holding
up our computer. We think its the processor but it just may be the drives.
These new non moving parts drives (flash?) have captured my imagination.
Another way of saying they seem very much like a very good thing.
Show me a machine with no moving parts and I'm looking at a machine I like.

I first used Photoshop about a year after it came out. 1991 I think.
And I  had to restart my Mac SE with all extensions off to turn the program
on.
Then I couldn't make a rectangle out of it.
It took up half my drive space.
I took out the little folder thing called "unsharp mask" because I didn't
want any of my picture to be unsharp. Which sounded very much to me like
"ungood". But when I got next years version I left it in. and forgot about
rectangles.
With the first color machine from apple with was blazingly no faster than a
Mac SE which I started out with and I think cost three grand or the price of
a harpsichord. Which I was going to get with that money. But in the end
voted for the twentieth century over the sixteenth. And am glad I did.
Because of this thing called "music software" which I think could be my next
big thing. As soon as I figure out this "digital photography" thing.