Subject: [Leica] Automatic mode
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:13:54 -0500

On Jun 10, 2013, at 3:30 PM, Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Frank Dernie wrote:
>
>> otherwise choosing not to use automatic on a camera with built in meter
>> seems a bit pointless.
> ==========================================================================================================================================
> In my photography for the university, I had the camera on manual 80% of
> the time.  Once I dialed in the exposure for a given situation, I didn't
> have to second-guess the camera changing the setting just because the
> composition of different frames included more dark tones, or a window in
> the far background.

+1

I think a lot of this "controversy"
has to do with how we were "raised;"
what we got comfortable with:
how our "work" was affected by "automatic" features.

I enjoy relying on Canon Autofocus with Canon Autofocus lenses.
That system works really well with it's various "auto" features.

I enjoy relying on Manual modes with my Ms and Rs

Really just that simple - enjoyment, pleasure, reliability of working
methods over time.

Can't really "argue" about it - it's personal.

I don't doubt that if I had an Xpro-1 I could get to like auto ISO a whole
lot.
I sure wouldn't "fight" it - if i tried it and liked it.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com