Subject: [Leica] Tina, time to go Mac!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:44:44 -0400

Well, here's a guy who moved from Mac to Windows and expects the whole
industry to go that way.  A prominent photographer:

"You want fast, and I mean *FAST*, great value, user upgradable, very stable
high quality computing? Get a fully loaded PC running Windows 7...get two
or three!

I'm not a Windows fanboy, we run 3 PC's and two Macs, but I've got to tell
you, the PC's are the go-to machines here, and have been for some time.
Photoshop used to be optimised for Mac, but no longer. If you're locked
into a Mac way of thinking, this all evaporates once you're in the Adobe
ecosystem, as it's for the most part identical. Just a couple of keyboard
differences which are quick to learn or can be worked around easily with a
little freeware utility called Key Tweak which enables you to remap your
keyboard. (PC only). I use the brilliant Apple keyboards on my PC's and use
Key Tweak to remap the Alt and Windows keys.

FWIW one tangible advantage of Adobe Cloud is the ability to deregister a
program on a Mac, then load and register on your PC (or vice versa)

Apple does seem to be losing the plot. I expect we'll be fully PC within a
year or so."

I'm not interested in a debate either.  I just want the best machine for
what I do.

Tina

--
Tina Manley