Subject: [Leica] Tina, time to go Mac!
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:41:57 -0400
References: <CAG8EVmw9JddghwADY0K-8cdhSOS+AvPaSw2LdJoWg9aptvngoA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DvG9Y+JUFCvmE_891RoCWQtfBoX_S0tWQ3iBjyd2mmRw@mail.gmail.com> <E44426DC-73DE-4AFD-B19C-0BA1D32F487F@mac.com> <CA+yJO1Byb_0hQysR_bH39sOzGyuh3ntwiiA64DL5MXGM4uxHMw@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9C55F7EAA@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1DaedijD16g1NSQ6DUwN_P4=DK7=BzrCc-gNxAcrC+iMw@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9C55F962B@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1D6q9jyPbCazjX5CSGk9_JB7tMnirhzuMcusCbf18k=Hg@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9C55F9F5C@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1AR15EO6+9Pedp_N8=c+qc8_FvnQL2m0HVjHtm3T+9riw@mail.gmail.com> <5C38E975-836D-43BB-A282-CF058A806450@aotera.org> <CA+yJO1DLjYXXySWg=4wWwH53jGthsK9Rhh1b-TUTSmtA3dLtgQ@mail.gmail.com>

Hi Tina,

That's why you need a good shop as others have suggested. They should be
able to ask you relevant questions (budget, what kind of monitor, etc) and
work out the details for you.

If you have a friendly local geek who you can drag along to interpret for
you, that's even better.

If you can't find a local custom PC shop, buy a high end pre-build. You can
always add more SSD/HDD one way or another.

John is correct in that anything with the latest i7 will be way faster that
what you have today.

I really think a higher end pre-built is best for you. The build quality is
better. The new Mac Pro looks really good from the specification
perspective. There are small companies who specializes in PC gaming machines
which will have similar specs (without the rather garish light effect) but I
have no idea who they are these days.

The issue for me in your place will always be support. Who is gonna to fix
your PC when it breaks? Can you get 1 or 2 day turn around? Are they going
to stand behind their PC if you get a dud? [Apple does have a store in
Charlotte :)]

Regards,
Spencer

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Tina, time to go Mac!)