Subject: [Leica] Mini Me M release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:06:38 -0400

I think they are refining the cameras to compete with the cell phones so you
have a reason to use them and not the cell phone.
The first thing is the much bigger sensor. 1.5 crop or 1x crop.
The second is the classy lens which you can see out front.
A third is lag times are much faster than the cheap digital point and shoots
of last year. And way more than cell phones.
So you can really shoot with these compacts.
They are not toys.
So we'll see how they do against the cell phones.
I think they may get people to put down their cell phones and use them.
After buying them.
An image thing.
You want to look good making a better one.