Subject: [Leica] F8.0 at 1/125 and be there.
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

Yes. F8 at 1/125 and be there. Works for me.

During the 70s I was a member of a National Academy of Sciences panel
on the best and safest techniques for extracting oil from offshore
drilling locations. I appended a lot of pictures to my reports showing
safe and unsafe practices encountered on oil rigs. No elaborate photo
equipment used. Most pictures were taken with a Rollei 35 on Plus X,
zone focused, set at f8 and 1/125 second. The camera was small and
innocuous looking and didn't intimidate anyone. No one ever asked me to
stop taking pictures. It might even be OK on the streets of NYC.
Here is an example, not great esthetics but adequate for the purpose.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/_22Tripping_22+the+drill+pipe+2.jpg.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] F8.0 at 1/125 and be there 6 APS-C 1.5 crop compact options)