Subject: [Leica] javascript thumbnail libraries (like Highslide JS)
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:17:43 -0700

A question for the webby/programmer-y side of the house.

I like what I can do with The Turning Gate's Gallery plugin for
Lightroom, it makes it quick and easy to put up pages like this (using
an earlier generation of the plugin)

  http://shrimp.alerce.com/USBCHA-Ione-5-12-2012/
  http://shrimp.alerce.com/AnnieThanksgiving2011/

It uses Highslide JS under the covers to run the slideshows, and is
very tweakable when you need something other than the boring defaults
(clearly not demo'ed above...  Check out the TTG site).

On the other hand, it's a pointy/clicky/mousy UI and is limited by
Lightroom's model, if you have a *lot* of galleries that you want to
generate it's a point/clicky/mousy nightmare.

I have a big pile of images I need to toss out (from the 2012 Sheepdog
finals, better late than never...) and am generating the galleries
programmatically.  I've been planning on using Highslide as part of
the display.

So, here's the question:

What are your favorite high level javascript image display libraries?
Can you suggest any good alternatives to Highslide?

Thanks,

g.