Subject: [Leica] Tuesday's Hummers
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:24:37 -0700

Hello Luggers,
Tuesday afternoon is proving to be a spectacularly warm afternoon and the
hummingbirds have changed their feeding pattern and I can hardly keep up.
I have so many standard feeding pictures that I am now trying to look for
different aspects. Here are three examples - all taken, this time, with the
Nikkor
300 f4.0 on the D800E. 1/2000 @ f11 with auto ISO.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/PenderBirds/NstrghtUPw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/lrvoepz

Here the bird is approaching the blossom from the bottom - straight up.

And here she is - braking as she approaches the flower:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/PenderBirds/NBrakingW.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/l6tmmyr

And lastly, a tribute to the AF - Continuous capabilities of the 300 f4.0,
here is the little lady
tracked in mid flight - this one is cropped to about half the frame:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/PenderBirds/NFlylftW.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/m7qklam

I will not be posting pictures over the next few days - house guests are
arriving - but hope to have some more
special ones later in the week.

Please look large - C&C always welcome.

Howard