Subject: [Leica] Tuesday's Hummers
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 06:58:31 -0700

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate your ideas to make what is
good into excellent. I was veering in the direction of greater exposure by
dialing in spot metering. Fill flash won't work with the X E 1 as it
defaults the shutter speed to 1/30 (very blurred wings) and I don't have a
flash here for the Nikon. On both cameras I can dial in + exposure
compensation to see how that helps. Finally I can move the hanging flower
baskets into a sunnier location and see how the sun plays out. Unfortunately
I can't rotate the cabin which serves as my blind. :-) Still, there are
enough variables there to keep me busy for the summer. Thanks again for the
input.
Cheers
Howard