Subject: [Leica] Leica or not to Leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:34:32 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Larry Zeitlin wrote:

Any of a score of professional quality cameras will meet the criterion set
by stock agencies.
<<<

Don't get Tina started!  ;)

It's true that the technical quality of scores of cameras is more than
adequate to make a sale.  I recently sold several photos that were
technically so poor that I was embarrassed to post them on the web let alone
make a print, but they were adequate for the buyer's purpose... however
better technical quality broadens the market for a photo.

I've participated in group shows where it became abundantly clear that not
all photographers value technical quality.  Content is king, but content
plus technical quality is king on steroids.  Gallery owners, themselves
photographers using current-model non-Leica professional cameras, become
speechless when they first see the larger prints made with a 280mm f/4 APO
and DMR, and that opens the door in a crowded market.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Leica or not to Leica)