Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:12:44 -0400

I feel that if someone asked me who'd just gone full circle with their M8
most of which by now have become bookends about sliding over to the
Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera  made by Fuji. The Fujifilm X-Pro1.
I would tell  them that they'd be in ok shape. Their results would be for
the better not worse. The modern Fuji cropped sensor would blow the old
cropped  sensor of the M8 out of the water.  And need no filtration. As the
water was from a very clean source. And point out to the urls of results
which pretty much prove the point.
Leica glass is great but a much better sensor gets around that advantage.
The fuji may have problems with slow AF in low light and battery life.
People seem to be able to be getting around them.
The main issue being that they are not going down a format and expecting
everything to be fine and dandy.

If someone asked me though who'd just gone full circle with their M9  though
about sliding over to the Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera made by
Fuji and thereby going down a format and using a consumer marketed camera
instead of Leica premium gear I'd  tell them they should not be surprised if
the quality of their output would not stay the same or go up. But go down.
I would tell them to sell their Chevy Nova and get a year bus pass and get
the M240 from Leica.
And I don't even own a Chevy Nova. My girlfriend did and I drove hers on
occasion. On the highway. In St. Louis. In the '70's