Subject: [Leica] Damned sacred lotus
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

 Damned sacred lotus! The New York State Department of Environmental
Conservation considers the water lily to be a noxious weed. Water lilies mat
together in slow moving bodies of water and form almost impassable barriers.
They tangle in boat propellers, block water intakes, and suffocate fish.
Many of the most picturesque inlets of the upper Hudson River have become
almost impassable because of the water lily cover. Most of my boating
friends agree. A few lotus blossoms in any location are very pretty. But a
mat of the plants is a nightmare.

Still, two of my last Friday flower postings were of lotus blooms.

Larry Z
- - - - -

I love water lilies - or lotus as it is called in these parts, and it is
considered a sacred flower in Hinduism.
Cheers
Jayanand