Subject: [Leica] IMG: From Neighbor's Yard
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:55:12 -0500

Because there are still no insects around the Rose of Sharon, I visited my
neighbor's yard, to see if her flowers were attracting bees or butterflies.
I found no insects, but managed to snap a couple of images.

An old dogwood had been trimmed, leaving an interesting chainsaw cut, and a
Cicada shell:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Dogwood+Cut+and+Cicada+Shell.jpg.html

The Coreopsis are in bloom, and usually are busy with bees and butterflies.
None today.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Coreopsis.jpg.html

E-1 and Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro

I also found that the connection between the E-1's exposure metering and the
shutter has vanished once more.  With no meter in hand, Sunny 16 prevailed.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA