Subject: [Leica] Super Moon "A SPECIAL !!!!!!! :-))
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:58:11 -0700

Hello Dr. Ted,
Welcome back and Happy CANADA Day too. We have ordered perfect weather for
you today in Victoria.
Cheers
Howard

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:45:55 -0700
From: <tedgrant at shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Super Moon    "A SPECIAL!!!!!!!! :-)
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

Hi Crew,
Posted on the LUG Gallery

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ted+grant/

I have posted a couple of moon photos you might find interesting?????

Details of how shot included here:
>> One, the huge moon and building is a sandwich both shot on the same
>> evening. Then I sandwiched them later. Kind of neat? :-) techie stuff?
>> 280
>> 2.8 plus 1:4 EXTENDER MAKING LENS 400MM F4.0 on tripod!

The six moons are shot hand held with a Leica R camera with the film advance
locked so the one frame stayed locked in place as we flew at 40,000' on a
beautiful clear night on return from the High Arctic.

I composed the moon on the far side of the viewfinder... 'CLICK!' Moved
camera slightly to next exposure...'CLICK' Moved camera again 'CLICK!' MOVED
CAMERA SLIGHTLY TO MOVE MOON and did that six times......... Talk about "Mr.
LUCKY?" AS SANDY CARTER CALLS ME! ;-)

REMEMBER IT'S FILM!!!! It's all by guess and by God hand holding and fingers
crossed. Each exposure was "LEICA CAMERA SELECTED!" :-) Lens? Haven't got a
clue, why should I? :-)

comments appreciated. Thank you.

cheers,
Dr.ted :-)