Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:07:00 -0700

Tina Manley OFFERED;
With Leica cameras and Leica lenses, I don't worry about 100% examinations.
They are always good!
 Sometimes great.  If I'm going to spend my time and energy and money for
travel to take photos, I'm not going to take a chance on an inferior camera
or lens.<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
Well you see that is the epitome of common sense!!!!!!  :-)

That's why all the constant babblefest about this camera, that lens, this
whiz bang view finder etc etc etc in all these other exposure creating
machines we have today wasting our visual time reading rather than actually
taking pictures, shooting a "Photo essay story, whatever!" During my 60 year
career of Leica published assignments did I ever think, wish to know, nor
ever understand 99.9% of the techie lingo-language! Guess what?  "I
survived!" ;-)

The only things you needed to know were "pushing film and the development
time for the ASA push! Never knew what the bokeh word meant? Let alone what
it means until it appeared right here on the LUG one very  forgetful
day!!!!!"!

For me .... even today it's nothing more than something that happens in the
background of a frame. HEAVENS IT'S THE CONTENT THAT MATTERS......... THAT'S
ALL!!!!!!!  Oh yes I expect a great many rebuttals on that one!!!!! Thank
you!

The many hundreds of e-posts about bokeh and all the techie stuff that
creates an endless number of e-mails daily are still meaningless when it
seems at times it means more to some of folks than the content of the
exposure. I mean after all, "Aren't the results of the "CLICK CAPTURED" far
more important than a bunch of out of focus circles in the background????
GET OVER IT!!! IT'S THE PHOTO THAT MATTERS!!!

Maybe you should all have a try at a NIKON 500mm mirror lens adapted for a
Leica "R BODY?" Holy crap...."bokeh?" :-)

I used Leica simply because how they felt in my hands, the images captured
and an extension of my one good eye! Yes no question Leica have destroyed my
ability to economically buy their equipment, as well as for many many
others, many on the LUG and multi-thousands about the world..... "Amateurs
and professionals...... A PITY!"

In any event a LEICA pretty well any model, is a special piece of gear that
captures our hearts, minds and complete fascination with our picture taking
life.

However that doesn't mean we should stop using what we have on hand in Leica
gear and cast it aside simply because another machine comes along! As Tina
says.." I'm not going to take a chance on an inferior camera or lens.!"

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Buying Leica.....)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Buying Leica.....)